Cooking Performance Group warrants its equipment free from manufacturer defect and workmanship for a period of 1 Year from the original date of purchase.
CPG equipment installed in/on a food truck or trailer will be limited to a period of 30 Days from the original date of purchase. The CPG equipment umbrella covers:
- CPG Charbroilers
- CPG Griddles
- CPG Flat Top Grills
- CPG Ranges
- CPG Stock Pot & Wok Ranges
- CPG Fryers
- CPG Convection Ovens
- CPG Cook & Hold
CPG warrants all cast iron equipment
CPG warrants all cast iron equipment parts for a period of 90 days from the equipment’s original date of purchase. CPG does not warrant parts or accessories purchased independently from equipment. This CPG Limited Warranty is non-transferable and valid to the original commercial purchaser only.
CPG takes care of labor charges
CPG shall bear the standard labor charge for each approved repair or replacement, to the extent that such repair or replacement is performed within 50 miles of an authorized service agency, during regular (i.e. straight time) hours of operation. CPG does not assume responsibility for travel exceeding 50 miles, or any work performed outside of regular hours of operation (i.e. overtime). CPG reserves the right to approve or deny the repair or replacement of any part or repair request.
CPG Limited Warranty Does NOT Cover:
- CPG equipment not purchased directly from an authorized dealer.
- Installation of CPG equipment in a non-commercial or residential setting.
- Failure to install or use CPG equipment under proper operating conditions.
- CPG equipment purchased, installed, or used outside of the Continental United States
- CPG equipment damage or failure due to improper installation, improper utility connection or supply, and issues resulting from improper ventilation or airflow.
- CPG equipment where the serial number plate has been removed or altered.
- CPG equipment that has not been used appropriately, or subject to misuse, neglect, abuse, accident, alteration, negligence, damage during transit, delivery or installation, ﬁre, ﬂood, or an act of God.
- CPG equipment that has been altered, modiﬁed, or repaired by anyone other than an authorized service agency. Cooking Performance Group shall not be held liable for any damages to any person or property which may result from the use of the equipment thereafter.
- Parts deemed by Cooking Performance Group to be categorized as normal wear and tear parts, such as light bulbs, gaskets, porcelain, and other glass components.
Things to do prior to contacting us
Please use your preferred local technician outside of warranty. If you need help looking for one you can check the CFESA website directory (https://cfesa.com/directory/) for certified technicians in your area.
Please consult each individual unit's warranty sheet for specifics in regard to its warranty coverage.
Cooking Performance Group offers a 1 year warranty on most of our products when used within the parameters listed in the unit's manual. We are happy to check the warranty status for you on our products if necessary. The original order number with the company where the unit was purchased will serve as your proof of purchase and is necessary to confirm warranty coverage. All warranties run from the date of delivery at your location.
You can contact our service team at [email protected] and provide your unit's model number and the invoice number it was purchased under. We can then verify warranty coverage and set up a service call for you or troubleshoot the problems you are experiencing.